What themes and topics feel exciting for you right now?What thoughts and emotions come to…
Many of us enjoy creating New Year’s resolutions for ourselves and I think those can be valuable as long as we use them as inspirations and wants and not more “shoulds” and “musts.”
By ‘shoulds’ I mean things like “I should exercise more” or “I should eat healthier.”
Do you have a habit of creating New Year’s resolutions?
How does it feel to you? Is it a must, a task, – or maybe exciting or inspiring?
Over the past seven years, I’ve done a reflecting and visioning exercise. Over the past few days, I’ve been reviewing it and working on a new one for 2022.
I want to share the questions I answered in my New Year’s Reflection and Dreams exercise in hope that you may get inspired.
Find a comfortable and peaceful space for yourself. Make yourself your favorite drink: coffee, tea or maybe cocoa. Candles around you might also be nice! Take a pen and paper or notepad; book enough time – at least 1.5 hours for your reflections.
Reflecting on 2021
- What kind of feelings or thoughts arise in you when you think of the past year?
- What did you learn and how did you grow?
- What are you grateful for?
- What do you want to take with you into this new year? What do you want to leave behind?
Getting ready to have a great year!
- How do you ensure you have time and energy to pursue your dreams?
- How do you sabotage yourself when I you don’t pursue what you want? How will you tackle that?
- What needs to happen so that you’ll trust your dreams will come true?
Dreams – what you want for 2022
- What do you want for this year?
- How do you want to grow and what do you want to learn?
- What values do you want to live by? How do you greet this year?
- What is this year’s theme (if any)?
- What are the first steps towards your dream? And when will you take them?
When pondering those questions, if I am not sure about my answer, I pause and check the sensations in my body, checking what really feels true to me.
After I answer those questions in writing, I go back and underlined the key words and/or sentences and added comments. For example, in addition to what I had wished for the year, I had added: “Do what feels right! Allow things to flow! Meet friends and have lazy times! “.
For values, right now important to me are Honesty, Presence, Boldness, Adventure and Love. Also Loyalty, Balance, Peace, Effectiveness (I like to get shit done fast and have plenty of time for lazing, sleeping and loving) and Change is taking to me a lot right now!
In case you want a tool for quick check in and dreaming every three months or so, check out this video:
What was great about your 2021?
What did you learn? What do you want to leave behind?
How do you make yourself excited about 2022?
Share with us!
Happy New Year!
Tuulia (and Pete)
P.S. Do you desire for your next year freedom, connecting, happiness, and being seen?
Do you want to feel less down or lonely?
Are you ready to let go of past hurt?
Do you want to get over your anger faster?
If yes then most likely our workshops or retreats are a great idea for you! Check out our workshops calendar.
We have already published the schedule until autumn 2022, including the very popular Summer retreat, Couples retreat and Advanced retreat in the cabins in a lovely pine forest by a lake in Orivesi, Finland.
Also the third annual Honesty Gathering in September in Spitzmuehle by a lake near Berlin is now filling up fast! Check it out.
Did you already check out your Christmas gift discounts? They are valid until 30th December.