What themes and topics feel exciting for you right now?What thoughts and emotions come to…
Many of us enjoy creating New Year’s resolutions for ourselves and I think those can be valuable as long as we use them as inspirations and wants and not yet more “shoulds” and “musts.”
I mean should as in “I should exercise more” or “I should eat healthier.”
Do you have a habit of creating New Year’s resolutions?
How does it feel to you? Is it a must, a task, – or maybe exciting or inspiring?
Over the past six years, I’ve done a reflecting and visioning exercise. Over the past few days, I’ve been reviewing it and working on a new one for 2021.
I want to share the questions I answered in my New Year’s Reflection and Dreams exercise in hope that you may get inspired.
- What kind of feelings or thoughts arise in you when you think of last year?
- What did you learn and how did you grow?
- What are you grateful for?
- What do you want to take with me into this new year? What do you want to leave behind?
- How do you ensure you have time and energy to pursue your dreams?
- How do you sabotage yourself when I you don’t pursue what you want?How will you tackle that?
- What needs to happen so that you’ll trust your dreams will come true?
Dreams – what you want for 2021
- What do you want for this year?
- How do you want to grow and what do you want to learn?
- What values do you want to live by? How do you greet this year?
- What is this year’s theme (if any)?
- What are the first steps towards your dream? And when will you take them?
When pondering those questions, if I am not sure about my answer, I pause and check the sensations in my body, checking what really feels true to me.
After I answer those questions in writing, I go back and underlined the key words and/or sentences and added comments. For example, in addition to what I had wished for the year, I had added: “Dance! Go with the flow! Enjoy the moment. Rest”.
For values, right now important to me are Honesty, Presence, Boldness, Adventure and Love. Also Loyalty, Balance, Peace and Family are taking to me a lot right now!
Check out another quick exercise you can do to get clear on your dreams and plans anytime:
What was great about your year 2020?
What did you learn? What do you want to leave behind?
How do you make yourself excited about 2021?
Happy New Year!
Tuulia (and Pete)
PS. If you desire for your year of freedom, connecting, happiness, getting over anger & old unfinished emotional business or feeling less down or lonely, then maybe our workshops or retreats are for you! Check our list of upcoming workshops.